- Running – 2021
- 🚨 Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 = my new favorite running shoes (i know… i can’t believe it’s not Nike!) 👀 i always wrote off “stability shoes” as something for people w/ motor/balance issues, but i’ve now realized the area they target is exactly the problem i’ve been facing the past year. stability shoes reduce excess movement (especially side-to-side), to ensure your knee, calf + ankle stay aligned. Brooks has their own unique technology to address this called GuideRails, which “allow your hips, knees, and joints to move within their unique motion path while you run – all without traditional posts. This innovative new form of stability doesn’t ‘correct’ your stride. Instead, it assists your body in finding its natural path, or Stride Signature.”
- Compression calf sleeves are something else I have also found to be very useful for me – they boost circulation, which helps deliver more red blood cells to muscles, allowing for faster recovery! European Journal of Applied Physiology conducted a recent study + found that athletes who wore calf sleeves during their workout needed less downtime between sessions than those who didn’t.
- Cold weather gear: Gymshark leggings, buff, gloves, nike long-sleeve half-zip top, nike trail shoes for traction in snow/slush/ice.
- Half marathon – was going to do this in 2020, then didn’t want to have to do it virtually, but now it’s looking like it’ll just need to be that way b/c i will not wait another year! 13.1. goin’ down in 2021. Will definitely post more training updates along the way! ✨
- 2021 Update
just wanted to post a lil’ update since i currently have a ton of projects in the works + have not been the best at reaching out/catching up w/ anyone lately ✨
in addition to working as a full-time Creative PM (+ currently navigating some team restructuring), i’ve been running a DePop shop + sales have picked up a good amount throughout quarantine. i also have an Etsy store, which i recently am trying to give a new look + feel and fresh product designs. 💻📈
+ been working on rebranding my fitness/wellness instagram account + posting updates more regularly (@courtneynicole_fit) 👁
i also run 4-6 miles – 5-6x/wk + 6-7x/wk am also completing 100 pushups/day, 200 crunches/day + some weight-lifting/strength-training 🤸🏼♀️
trying to eat healthy, recently cooked more dishes (insert images here) although admittedly i am currently super obsessed w/ hawaiian bagels.😍🥯
keeping up w/ reading – might hit 100 books/year mark for the 3rd time 🤓 📚🤞🏻
plus, replying to text messages every so often, manifesting my goals, etc. –– also reconnected w/ an old friend, which was a little spontaneous (or possibly divine timing?? 🔮), unexpected + absolutely a complete and total blessing. 🤍✨
🧿 wishing everyone lots of love, success + fulfillment! 🧿
- original mixed media ©
- #BYE 2020
NYE has always been my favorite holiday – if you know me at all, you know I’m big on goals/goal-setting. I’m definitely finding it to be more challenging than usual to set mine for 2021 + also try to continuously expect the unexpected. While plenty of sh*t has happened in 2020 (+ is still happening), + some goals had to be put on hold, I really believe it’s more important than ever to celebrate even the small wins. LMK what y’all have been up to! 🤠
Here are some of mine from this year:
- started a new role at work (from Copy Editor to Creative PM) 💻
- broke my record for # miles ran in a month (new record = 140) 📈
- paid off my student loans 💸
- read 100 books (for the second time! first was 2018) 📚
- stopped drinking alcohol 🚫
- started daily meditation ✨
- finally invested a lot of time + effort toward my #1 goal in life 🔥
1.1.2021 update – here are some of my resolutions for 2021:
- be more intentional.
- be happy more. take time to enjoy things/life.
- make it 1 full year w/o alcohol (already 10 months in)
- save more $ now that my student loans are paid off
- spend less time on my phone
- take at least 1 day/wk to just relax + not be productive
- Social Distancing Self-Care + Self-Reflection
- i am noticing _____. i am thinking _____. i am feeling ______.
- (observe any tension in neck + shoulders)
- what are your ‘mini breaks’ throughout the day?
- what activities have you done recently that you didn’t like?
- what activities have you done lately that you did like?
- write down 3-5 things you’re grateful for (daily or weekly)